“The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious of the rose.”
–Kahlil Gibran (1883–1931)
Lebanese writer and philosopher
What are the most common “drag you down, get in the way of success” thoughts?
- Defeatist (accepting, expecting, or being resigned to defeat)
- Cynical (contemptuously distrustful of human nature and motives)
- Vindictive (seeking revenge)
- Blame/ Fault (who cares? what are we going to do now?)
- Wishful (do what you can to influence the deal and keep moving)
- Self-pity (get over yourself… complain less… especially to yourself)
Get the complete list (5 more) and a printable reminder.
(Some definitions provided by Merriam-Webster. Most popular thoughts provided by your JustSell team. They’re not our thoughts, you understand. We have friends with these thoughts.)