Today we’re announcing a new set of features in Google Shopper for Android to make it even easier to research products and find great value deals when you’re on-the-go.
First, we’ve moved features around a bit to help you perform common tasks more quickly. For example, the ‘Starred’ and ‘History’ buttons are now at the top of the page. We’ve also added new tabs to the bottom of the screen for fast navigation to Google Shopper’s newest features.
With Google Shopper, you can now find, save and redeem offers at nearby businesses through three tabs:
- Today’s Offer: part of the Google Offers beta program, this tab displays a single offer for discounted goods or services in your area. Today’s Offer is currently available in Portland, Oregon, the San Francisco Bay Area and New York, with other cities to follow.
- Nearby Offers: when you click this tab, you’ll see offers in the ‘Eat’ and ‘Play’ categories which nearby businesses have submitted through Google Places.
- My Offers: for those of us who occasionally misplace coupons or gloss over expiration dates, Google Shopper makes it easy to stay organized. When you come across an offer you like you can save it for later. Your saved and purchased offers appear on this tab and you can see which offers are close to expiring. To take advantage of an offer, just navigate to ‘My Offers,’ select the one you’d like, and click ‘Redeem’. In the future you’ll also be able to access and redeem your saved offers using Google Wallet.
Tap on Today’s Offer, Nearby Offers or My Offers to see great deals.
Visit Android Market to download Google Shopper 2.0, currently available for Android 2.1 and higher devices in the US and UK. If you already have the app installed you’ll automatically receive a notification to update it.
The first Google Offer from Portland just hit my inbox.
Here are the rules for the offer of the day:
Rules that apply to all Google Offers of the Day
In addition to the specific terms listed for each offer, these are the rules that apply to all Google Offers, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with other coupons, special offers or special discounts.
- Cannot be applied toward shipping fees, tips or gratuities, taxes, or outstanding balances owed.
- Promotional value must be redeemed in one (1) visit. No cash back for partial redemption of promotional value.
- After redemption period, all vouchers may be refundable or redeemable for paid amount.
- All Google Offers are only available in accordance with applicable law.
- You must be of legal drinking age to redeem a Google Offer for alcohol.
How to be a great Google Offers customer
- Calculate your gratuity/tip from of the full value of the product/service, not the discounted amount.
- Note the redemption period. Businesses will expect you to show up between those dates and will staff up accordingly so you have the best experience.
- Tell us what you thought. Go to www.google.com/hotpot to rate the business.
Google now has help files for both businesses and consumers online.