One of announcements from today’s Apple event was an interesting new app called Find My Friends.
The app lets you track the location of other users, but unlike Google’s Latitude, which is meant to be used with a wide circle of people you know, Apple’s app seems designed for use with a close circle of friends and family.
Apple’s examples of how the app can be used includes checking out if your son made it to school today.
Of course, not everyone wants to be tracked all the time, so Apple has included some privacy options, such as temporary location sharing. (For example, you can set up the app to share your location up until 7 p.m. each day.)
We can imagine a lot of parents will like the app, but a great deal of kids will probably hate it, or think of ways to circumvent this type of surveillance.
Google+ for mobile makes sharing the right things with the right people a lot simpler. Huddle lets you send super-fast messages to the people you care about most. And no matter where you are, the stream lets you stay in the loop about what your friends are sharing and where they’re checking in.
* Circles let you share the right things with just the right people.
* Stream is where you can get updates from your circles or see what people are saying about things nearby.
* Huddle is super-fast group messaging for everyone in your circles.
Sygic Aura is the professional turn-by-turn offline car navigation app, that changes everything.
Maps and locations pre-loaded, eliminate data transfer
AURA comes with all data pre-loaded, so it will never let you down. Data storage is faster, more stable and cheaper than data transfer from an Internet connection. Wherever you are, use AURA to find your destination without any roaming costs. Places, addresses, maps, wiki information, city guides, navigation and voice guidance – all are pre-installed.
Enhanced maps make the difference
AURA transforms maps into a real 3D product with building and landmark details. City and elevation maps make your position easier to find.
Connect with your friends *(only register buyer user have this connection)
Pinpoint where friends are on a map, their online activity and when they last connected. These details are visible from your contact list – go ahead and share your position and status with them if you like!
Book hotels, restaurants or movies
Looking to get a bite to eat in your area and then see a movie? Nothing makes it easier than AURA. See locations near you and call to book your seats – then hook up to enjoy your evening!
Search for any destination
Addresses, postcodes / zip codes, contacts, shopping, accommodation, restaurants, pubs, ATMs, social life activities, entertainment, transportation, post offices, and tourist attractions – all come pre-installed in AURA and are available without any data transfer. Locations are sorted by distance, category or name.
Find your way by car or on foot
Get door-to-door routing based on fastest or shortest path, and find your way to a destination. Never get lost again with all maps pre-installed, and eliminate fear of roaming costs or hefty fees on your data plan.
It comes with Intuitive design, easy to read as you drive, crystal-clear spoken voice instructions and route guidance. Advanced lane guidance with up-to-date signpost information.
User interface automatically fits in-car requirements by fonts and symbols increased
* Door-to-door navigation with voice-guided real-time driving instructions in more than 20 languages (”After one hundred meters, turn left, then immediately turn right”)
* Speed limits on roads and thousands of safety cameras pre-installed
* Real-time voice-guided manoeuvres with distance to direction or full junction list
* Distance to destination with estimated time of arrival
* Lane assistant to know which lane to take on roads
* Highway symbols to know which city and driving information to follow up on symbols ahead
* Community shared traffic and speed traps information (*only Connected)
* Real time traffic information shared by users or approved by traffic content providers
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or later.